Skip to content
- Ashura is the day when Allah saved Musa (Peace Be Upon Him) from pharaoh and indeed it is a big day and we should fast on the day of Ashura.
- The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: ‘The best of fasting after Ramadhan is fasting Allah’s month of Muharram. – Happy Ashura!
- May Allah accept our fast on the day of Ashura and forgive the sins for the year that went before.
- Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon him) said :Fast on the day of Ashura, for indeed I anticipate that Allah will forgive the sins of the year before it.- [Tirmidhi 752] // Hadith on ashura
- Ashura is the day in which truth prevailed over falsehood. Prophet Musa, (Peace Be Upon Him) crossed the sea while Pharaoh drowned. The truth will always prevail.
- It is sunnah to fast on the day of Ashura so donot forget to fast on the day of Ashura. – Happy Day of Ashura!
- Fasting on the day of Ashura expiates the sins of the previous year.
- Fasting on the day of Ashura (the tenth day) is highly recommended. It would be more better if you fast a day before it and after it as well along with Ashura.
- May Allah accept the deeds of those fasting on the blessed day of Ashura and may Allah give another chance to those who couldn’t. – Sheekh Shibli
- The day of Ashura is the day of remembering victory of truth over falsehood, fasting, repentance and doing good deeds.